New Travel SDK for iOS apps
July 13, 2017Comments (9)
Our mobile development department has finally released a new SDK for integration of mobile flights and hotel search into iOS apps. We have already announced about the new features in the release. Now let’s talk about what we haven’t disclosed yet.
VP Mobile Products about the new SDK
In May, we held a webinar for our affiliates. VP Mobile Products Ivan Kozlov disclosed how the SDK helps our top partners to earn and shared several techniques on how to get installs on the new app.
What’s new in Travel SDK
- Transformation in Travel SDK – hotel search added;
- Updated design of the template app;
- Preset color schemes for the template app – you can easily select an option that suits the developer;
- The About section (where you can enter contact information for feedback and put a link to App Store to rate the app);
- New language localizations (so far without Arabic);
- Fabric.io, which was previously only available on Android. It allows you to collect basic statistics, as well as gather and analyze crashes;
- If necessary, you can turn off flight and hotel search, or use both in one application.
Now you can create apps for one city or accommodation type (apartments, hostels). It is easy to put city in a search form and disable the ability to change it in the UI. Accommodation type will be displayed if the necessary filters are automatically used.
In terms of ASO, all that is needed is to take into account hotel search keywords at release. Any hostel or hotel search app should be promoted by keywords. Example of an app is Apartments — Сheap holiday accommodation.
For more about mobile app promotion, read an interview with our ASO manager Ilya Kukharev.
SDK in pictures
How to update the app to SDK 2.0
You can transfer your color schemes from existing projects, by copying code lines with keywords and color schemes to the corresponding lines of the updated template.
Download template project
Try the new version of the mobile SDK and start earning on mobile apps.
About the Android SDK
For now, SDK was updated only for iOS. The Android version will appear in the second half of the year, and we will definitely inform you.