How to earn money on flights and hotel bookings without a website
November 13, 2018Comments (1)
Having an established website is a proven way to make online income on flight and hotel bookings. However, for those who do not want the trouble of creating or maintaining a website, there are still numerous ways of making some cash online or even becoming another self-made Internet millionaire in the travel niche – even without a website. So, we’ve prepared a guide on how to net a profit on flight sales and hotel bookings without a website.
Table of Contents
- How to make money on flight and hotels bookings without a website
- Social media as an effective tool for earning on tickets without a website
- Is it possible to generate affiliate income through email marketing?
- Traffic arbitrage in the travel niche
- Affiliate revenue strategies for offline travel agencies
- Mobile apps for generating affiliate income
- Travelpayouts referral program
- How much can you earn without a site?
How to make money on flight and hotels bookings without a website
Many people skip over great opportunities to create revenue from flight and hotel bookings just because they believe that a site is necessary for this. However, not having the benefit of a website doesn’t deprive you of the opportunity to make money on reselling tickets and booking accommodation.
One of the ways to do this is by joining flight affiliate programs. Affiliate marketing is one of the most efficient strategies to generate significant online revenue without a website. It is extremely popular as it offers you many perks, such as low start-up costs, no product creation or service is required, it’s fast-to-join and user-friendly.
Affiliate programs fall into two categories:
- Pay-per-click (PPC). Many people choose to make income with pay per click affiliate programs without a site as it’s the easiest way to start earning money. In this program type, an affiliate is paid some amount of money whenever a visitor is referred to a merchant’s site. However, the fees you earn are small, so it usually requires quite a lot of time and effort to make good money with PPC affiliate marketing.
- Pay-per-performance (PPP) or most commonly called CPA – cost-per-action. In this affiliate program type, you are paid only if the referred visitor performs an action, such as the purchase of a product. CPA affiliate marketing is the most lucrative type for affiliates as the commissions may range up to 20% of the product price.
Travelpayouts belongs to the second type and provides you with plenty of opportunities for earning money with affiliate marketing without a website.
You can find the 25 best affiliate programs on this page. Some of them suit people who want to earn money online without their own website.
Social media as an effective tool for earning on tickets without a website
If you have a good presence on social media, you can easily leverage it to increase your income. Using social media for affiliate marketing is definitely one of the easiest and quickest ways to generate income online even without a site, so why not put all that time wasted on social media to good use and make some money of it?
Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc. offer you a great opportunity to get revenue by simply sending traffic to an offer as an affiliate and net a profit every time that traffic converts.
There are enormous benefits to be reaped if you use social media correctly. So, here is a list of do’s and don’ts you should keep in mind if you want to make money booking flights and hotels on social media without a website.
- Provide relevant, high-quality and unique content your audience will share.
- Create a redirect affiliate link as direct links look sketchy, and this may turn off potential traffic within your audience.
- Pay special attention to flash sales and hot deals, social media is the best platform for promoting such short-term events.
- Be picky when choosing affiliate products. If you stick with low-quality products, you won’t create revenue on social media, regardless of your post quality.
- Don’t forget the 80:20 ratio which means that only 2 out of 8 posts should be promotional.
- Don’t overload your page with affiliate links.
- Don’t forget about the visuals, make your posts captivating.
To learn more about the peculiarities of affiliate sales through social media, read the interview with Maxim Kuznetsov.
Social media is a powerful tool for getting affiliate sales all by itself, but the combination of social media and email marketing can multiply your profit from hotel affiliate programs.
Is it possible to generate affiliate income through email marketing?
Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing solutions available today. This strategy can prove productive not only for selling your own products or services but also for utilizing affiliate marketing without a website.
We are ready to offer you some pieces of advice on how to monetize email marketing through Travelpayouts’ affiliate program.
- The first thing you’ll have to do is to create an email list fast and from scratch. In order to do this, you’ll have to diversify and get email addresses from various sources, such as YouTube, social media, aggregators, networking offline and even leveraging your business cards.
- Give people an incentive to subscribe. Use a lead magnet in exchange for subscriptions, it may be a short video course or some specials available only to subscribers.
- Use email marketing services such as MailChimp and GetResponse as they are easy-to-use and provide all the tools you need to create effective marketing campaigns.
- Personalize your lists. Invite readers to pick up the content of your emails in their preference centers, hold surveys to learn what kind of content your audience is interested in.
- Make your emails compelling. Firstly, the title of your letter should make it enticing to click on. Secondly, your reputation should be impeccable. For this, you need to provide high-quality content and additional value to your readers.
- Review your reports to check if your subject-line is right. The more compelling your emails are, the higher your click-through rate will be, the more money you will make with ClickBank without a website.
This article offers more tips on cashing in on email marketing.
Traffic arbitrage in the travel niche
Arbitrage techniques have also proven extremely effective for affiliate marketing without investment in different spheres. Despite the fact that cashing in on traffic arbitrage is easier in other spheres such as dating or goods affiliate programs, the travel niche can also offer a lot for increasing your income.
So, what is traffic arbitrage? It’s a marketing strategy that allows you to buy traffic at a low price on one platform and sell it at a higher price on another. For instance, you spend $100 on Google AdWords traffic, drive the traffic to the site with a flight search form, thus generating $120 revenue. The profit, in this case, constitutes $20.
To cut it short, the main commercial law – “Buy low, sell high” is the backbone of this strategy. However, the process is more complicated than it may seem, as it requires the in-depth analysis of all the aspects such as “cost + conversion + revenue” as well as of your niche arbitrage peculiarities.
So, what travel niche arbitrage peculiarities should be taken into consideration if you want to know how to monetize traffic successfully?
The first thing is low marginality, which relates mostly to flight tickets. The commission you get is about 1.6% of the ticket price. However, commissions may be considerably higher for other products; for example, you may get up to 10% for booking accommodation. You can find the complete list of rates and offers here.
Another key feature is the long conversion window. This means that you should abstain from dealing with short-term promotions such as flash ticket or tour sales, as they are too brief to pay off, and stay focused on long-term events.
One more thing you should keep in mind is the set of specific requirements and traffic source limitations every product has. You can read up on the allowed types of traffic in the Travelpayouts affiliate program here ( for Jetradar and Hotellook) and here for all other offers (insurance, bus tickets, etc.).
Affiliate revenue strategies for offline travel agencies
Online marketing is not the only way to generate revenue from affiliate marketing without spending much money. Travelpayouts offers travel agencies and individuals a great opportunity to earn money by booking tickets, accommodation, cars, excursions, etc. for clients as well as friends and relatives.
The cooperation algorithm is really simple.
- Find the best offer for your customers taking into consideration all their special needs and wishes.
- Make sure that the search and purchase are completed through your affiliate link (see Special Links for Buying Tickets) for us to be able to associate the purchase with your affiliate account.
- Pay with your corporate credit card.
- Receive an email with the booking confirmation or the e-ticket and print it out for your client. It’s also preferable to print out a copy of your corporate credit card for your customer in case it’s required at the airport.
- Charge your client for the purchase you’ve made and the service fee you establish yourself.
Note! Travelpayouts is a cost-per-action affiliate program, so your revenue depends solely on the number of tickets purchased/hotels booked, not the number of clicks made on your affiliate links.
Mobile apps for generating affiliate income
Travelpayouts provides mobile developers with a unique opportunity to attach mobile app users to the developer’s partner account for life.
For this, you have to distribute our mobile applications and create your own using SDK.
SDK is a tool that allows you to use a ready-made temple, integrate your logo, content and visuals into it, thus getting a brand-new app which can be further submitted to the AppStore.
Moreover, in case you don’t want to create an app but are still eager to make money selling flight tickets and booking accommodation, you can just integrate our search form into your mobile app and make a profit of up to 70% of our revenue from every purchase for life.
Travelpayouts referral program
Referral programs are another strategy which allow users to increase their affiliate income.
Travelpayouts offers a referral program that permits you to get a commission for attracting new partners. Taking part in the referral program is open to all registered users. The referral link can be found here.
Your referral rewards constitute 5% of the revenue generated by your referrals. The referral partner recruited by you is permanently assigned to you.
Despite the fact that you are not likely to generate great amounts of revenue by recruiting new partners, our referral program is still a good way to create another passive income stream.
What is more, the commission you get is constant which means that the revenue you receive will grow with the number of your referrals. And your referrals aren’t losing anything, we’re paying referral rewards from our own income.
How much can you earn without a site?
So, the most crucial question you must be willing to ask is “How much can I earn through Travelpayouts’ affiliate program?” No matter what method you choose for generating affiliate income online through our program, keep in mind that like any business venture, your online affiliate business will also take time to grow and expand.
Try and analyze various affiliate strategies and platforms, combine them, be patient and the time and effort invested will eventually pay off, and you will see your income increasing dramatically every single month.
Our top affiliates earn more than 10 000 dollars monthly, some of them don’t have any website. For example, they own mobile apps. Find your way, and work hard, and we hope to see you soon on the list of our top affiliates.