How to create a White Label website
September 3, 2018Comments (3)
Creating a White Label site is very easy. Sometimes it’s even easier than building your own website from scratch. In this article, we will explain how you can create a White Label website and how to develop your project. We will also give you useful tips to achieve your goal even if you don’t have any coding skills.
Table of Contents
- What is White Label
- How White Label works
- Benefits of a White Label website
- How to build a White Label website
- Review of White Label website builder software
- Hosting for a White Label website
- Design Elements
- Branding Tips
- Travel White Label websites
- How to build White Label with Travelpayouts
- Why to use White Label in travel
What is White Label
White Label allows you to rebrand a product or service so that it is identical to the original without having to create something from scratch or invest large amounts to make your product.
There are many examples of companies – including Starbucks or, in technology, Dell – that use other manufacturers’ White Labels and then apply their own brand to personalise and sell the product with greater credibility.
However, be careful to not confuse White Label with the counterfeiting of a product.
How White Label works
This type of business allows you to save money and time in the design and creation of the product. You will have a product identical to the original; to this, you will apply your brand. This lets you focus mainly on advertising and selling the service.
In the digital world, it’s easier to access manufacturers or programs that offer White Labels, both for free and for a fee. This allows you to offer quality services, just like the big brands.
For example, you may know about Jetradar.com – the flight search engine. You can build the very same service with your own brand! It doesn’t require a lot of skills in coding. You just have to do two things – join Travelpayouts and set up your flight White Label website. Following, we will look at the process in detail.
Benefits of a White Label website
Imagine competing with prestigious brands with their own program and selling the same product without major investment – or even free of charge. This is the strength that White Label can give your business.
The main benefits are:
- Low initial investment
- Growth of your brand
- Savings of time and money
- Ability to sell quality products
White Label website creation is not a hard process. Some people believe that White Label is so complicated, they give up before they try. In practice, if you were able to work with WordPress to create a travel blog, and aren’t scared of words like «hosting» and «domain», you can build your own WL website!
How to build a White Label website
Creating your own White Label site is simple and cheap. The easiest method is to use software that allows you to create your own website. However, if you have programming knowledge, creating a White Label website is much easier. You will be able to customize your product and offer something unique to users.
In Travelpayouts, you must proceed to the White Label section and create a new WL. Then you need to configure it. For this, you will need a WL website builder software.
Review of White Label website builder software
No programming skills are required to use White Label. However, if you want to change the appearance of the header or footer, you will need to know at least HTML. To help you get the result you want, editors can assist you in making your own customizations:
- Atom is an open source project. Therefore, it is free of charge, with a clean and easy-to-use interface. It also offers many possibilities for customizing the language in which you want to program. The only defect is its slow start compared to other software.
- Brackets is ideal for beginners. It is designed by Adobe and is totally free. Brackets is very easy to use, and its development is constantly evolving. It’s a good option to start with.
- Visual Studio Code is developed by Microsoft. It is the most complete editor and, like Atom, is one of the editors that programmers use most often. However, it is very heavy at startup, even though the possibilities that this software offers are worth the wait. The editor is free. Its main feature, called ‘IntelliSense’, helps with the automatic completion of code and is of great help.
You can choose another website builder software. Please share in the comments other best apps for building WL projects.
Hosting for a White Label website
Now that you have created your White Label, you have to show it to the world. You have two possibilities:
- Set up on the subdomain;
- Set up on the main domain.
If you want to set the White Label on your subdomain, you must create a CNAME record for the domain in the DNS settings of your hosting. An example could be: ” example.your_sitename.com IN CNAME whitelabel.programs.com. “. Note that you do not need to create the subdomain; only direct the DNS to point to the subdomain.
The second option is to do the setup on the main domain, then access the control panel of your hosting plan to create a 301 redirection of the domain. You’ll then search the main directory of the site for the “.htaccess” file or, if it does not exist, create a new one and enter this code:
Next, create a CNAME record for the subdomain by pointing your main site to your White Label; for example: www.your_site_name.com IN CNAME whitelabel.programs.com.
In both cases, it may take up to 72 hours before your changes become active.
Differentiating the White Label is the most important thing for making your website unique. Here are some useful tips:
- When choosing the main color, consider the fact that each color has a meaning; red = danger, blue = safety, green = success and so on.
- The contrast between the text and background is crucial; the stronger the contrast, the more annoying it will be for the user to use the site.
- The position and size of the logo seem trivial but they are important both for their aesthetic factors and to make your brand recognizable.
- Simplicity is essential. If you use too many colors or too many style variants, you will confuse your audience, leading them to look elsewhere.
- You are working for your audience, not for yourself. Do you like purple? Okay, but how many users might like it? Look at things as if you were a customer and you’ll get results.
Branding goes beyond the image of the logo or the colors. What can you convey to impress your customer? You must work on this; create emotions and aim to convey a good first impression.
- Identify yourself with a clear logo that indicates what you are offering without using unnecessary words or slogans.
- Work with your audience to make them an active part of your project; make them feel important.
- Create a logo that will last over time, one that does not follow the trends but that will still be current in five or 10 years.
- Define your business and then your brand.
- Don’t imitate the big brands. Create something personal that differs from the others.
You will find more information about how to work with WL in our knowledgebase.
Travel White Label websites
If your dream is to create your own travel brand, now you have the opportunity to realize it thanks to the White Label Travelpayouts. It is unlike other brands, in fact, you will have at your disposal a portal for booking flights and hotels which is easily customizable in every aspect. You’ll have all this without any investment to create your travel website.
If you are searching White Label website examples, you can look at the https://whitelabel.travelpayouts.com.
How to build White Label with Travelpayouts
After you have created your account on Travelpayouts you can develop your own White Label.
From your account, go to the White Label section then click Create a new White Label and now follow these steps to build White Label with Travelpayouts.
These are the sections you can edit:
- Main for basic settings such as domain, main language, White Label type (flights, hotels or both)…
- Meta to set White Label page title and other meta tags such as social sharing and to set your favicon
- Header to customize the homepage and insert a logo or a background image
- Front page content to modify the section you’ll see below the
- Color scheme, where you can choose the colors of your project using the standard ones or customize it to your tastes
- Footer here you can set the end of the page, such as copyright details or other useful information
- Mobile App Settings here you can allow your visitors to download the mobile app you created with Travelpayouts
To find out more, click here.
Why to use White Label in travel
Creating a travel portal from scratch is an investment difficult to sustain, as well as finding agreements with airlines or hotels to be able to sell their products on your site. Here is where the White Label solution allows you to avoid these steps and investments by giving you the opportunity to create your own travel portal according to your needs and with non-existent costs excluding the purchase of the domain.
You can build your own brand and not share your audience with other projects. It can be the good strategy if you are playing the long game, so to speak.
White Label projects also a good way for traffic arbitrage in travel, as it allows sending any type of traffic that you want and that may be forbidden from the affiliate network side. When you send traffic to your own website (White Label), you are deciding for yourself the sources of traffic.
Please share your experience about White Labels below in the comments.