Expedia is one of the world’s largest online booking platforms for travel services, such as flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, and experiences. Expedia websites are localized for over 30 countries and offer access to:
- Over one million accommodations from hotels to vacation rentals
- 500 airlines
- 175 car hire companies
- A number of ground transport companies
- Multiple experience providers
Expedia helps customers organize their whole trip in one place and at the best rate. For example, by booking their flights and hotel together, travellers can save up to $500 on their purchase.
The company provides a series of applications for all kinds of devices, such as smartphones and tablets, so that customers can organize travel on the move. The apps also include useful tools like flight status notifications, airport terminal maps, etc.
Advantages of Expedia for clients
- A large selection of travel products: flights, hotels, car rentals, packages, and experiences
- Guaranteed low prices
- Only trusted tour operators
- 24/7 customer service
- Multi-currency payment options: USD, CAN, AUD, EURO, and GBP
The Expedia UK affiliate program
The affiliate commission for sales depends on the type of product:
- 3.5% for vacation packages
- 6% for hotel bookings
- 5.5% for car rentals
- 10% for activities and ground transfers
- 1% for flights
Affiliates can also make use of a number of tools, such as APIs, widgets, deep links, creative banners, etc.
Please note that only bookings made through https://www.expedia.co.uk are commissioned.
Advantages of the Expedia UK affiliate program
- Up to 10% commission on confirmed bookings
- Strong conversion rates
- High average order value (above 200£)
- Great variety of creative banners, text, keywords, and content links
- Dedicated feeds and API solutions
- Weekly deals and offers
- Proactive and dedicated in-house program management
Additional information about Expedia UK
The information below will help you target the audience better and promote the offer more efficiently.
The average Expedia customer is above 35 years old with a college education, a household income of over $50,000, and a net worth of over $250,000. The target audience includes family units of different ages, such as parents with young children, couples, and holiday groups. Popular hobbies include:
- Recreational travel
- Home cooking and baking
- Beauty products
- Home entertainment
- Video games, etc.
Here is the data on bookings for the last year from Expedia’s affiliate partners:
- Desktop: 63.8%
- Mobile: 25.2%
- Tablet: 7.5%
- Not available: 3.5%
Popular flight destinations
Even though travel was put on pause last year, 99% of flights booked on Expedia affiliate partners’ websites were international and 59% were flights to the United States. Popular destinations in 2021/22 are likely to be highly influenced by targeted marketing campaigns from OTAs and national tourist boards.