What is GetYourGuide?
GetYourGuide is a platform used for booking tours, excursions, and other travel activities around the world. The service has been operating since 2009 and offers all types of entertainment: from museums and theaters to gastronomic tours and safaris.
The GetYourGuide main page contains popular user choices, directions, countries, and attractions. There are convenient event filters and real reviews.
Travelers may take advantage of the many benefits of a personal account. For example, there is a collection of all reservations, tickets, and vouchers that need to be shown when attending activities. There is also a wish list to plan your future activities and trips. Users can quickly log into their personal account using their Google account and avoid the need to create and remember a new password.
The support service is available 24/7 in five languages, including English. Customers can contact support via the chat on the site, by mail, in WhatsApp, or by phone.
The “Help” section has comprehensive information on a variety of topics. For example, how to add a new person to the tour, how to find a meeting place, or how to pay with a gift certificate. The date and time of the excursion can be instantly changed in the same section and most excursions can be canceled for a refund.
GetYourGuide also has its own application for Android and iOS, thus it is a convenient solution to be used on a trip. Customers can choose to receive notifications about orders and vouchers or quickly contact the support service.
GetYourGuide affiliate program
The GetYourGuide team is made up of over 500 tourism experts who select the most interesting excursions and entertainment in each destination. Today, our tours and excursions are available in 7,300 cities.
The team provides an excellent selection of standard entertainment, as well as unique offers exclusive to GetYourGuide. Since its inception, more than 20 million tickets, tours, and excursions have been booked on the platform. Get involved in work and start earning!
GetYourGuide affiliate benefits
- The base commission is 7%
- An opportunity to get a higher rate
- Cookie lifetime is 31 days
- The platform is translated into 23 languages and accepts payment in 40 currencies
- Assistance with choosing tours and access to exclusive “GYG Originals” tours
How to make money with GetYourGuide
Your readers can access 34,000+ tours and activities around the world and you will earn money on every booking. What is the best way to provide the necessary information?
Explore available offers and choose the locations that are most suitable to your audience. Below, you will find a list of the most popular destinations and the best practices for each location.
Top destinations and activities
- Brooklyn Museum with Optional Skip-the-Line Exhibition
- 9/11 Memorial & Museum Skip-the-Ticket-Line Entry
- Museum of Jewish Heritage: Auschwitz Exhibition Flex Ticket
- New York One World Observatory: Skip-the-Line Ticket Options
- Empire State Building General & Skip-the-Line Tickets
- 4-Hour Bike Rental
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck Flexible Date Ticket
- Statue of Liberty Priority or Standard Ticket
- Metropolitan Museum of Art Skip-the-Line Ticket
- 60-Minute Cruise Around the Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island
- Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Skip-the-Line Tickets
- Statue of Liberty: Pedestal Express and Ellis Island
- New York City Bicycle Rental
- 90-Minute Landmarks Cruise Skip-The-Box-Office
- Sex and the City Hotspots Tour
- Musée d’Orsay Reserved Access 1-Day Admission Ticket
- Paris: Louvre Museum Timed-Entrance Ticket
- Orangerie Reserved Entrance Ticket
- Self-Guided Tour & Skip-the-Line Ticket to Sainte Chapelle
- Skip-the-Line Arc de Triomphe Rooftop Tickets
- Self-Guided Visit to Opera Garnier
- Center Pompidou Entrance Ticket to Permanent Collections
- Sainte-Chapelle & Conciergerie Combined Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Les Invalides: Napoleon’s Tomb & Army Museum Priority Entry
- Opera Garnier Tour with Expert Guides in Paris
- Panthéon Admission Ticket and Self-Guided Tour
- Paris Catacombs Skip-the-Line Ticket with Audio Guide
- Skip the Line: Versailles and Trianon Audio Pen Tour
- Paris Saint-Germain Parc des Princes Stadium Tour
- Montparnasse Tower Roof Terrace Ticket: 360 degrees of Paris
- Must-Sees of the Louvre Museum: 1.5-Hour Guided Tour
- Louvre Museum: Last Entrance English Tour and Mona Lisa
- Ciampino Airport: Bus to/from Rome City Center Termini
- 2.5-Hour Colosseum Moonlight Small Group Tour
- Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel Skip-The-Ticket-Line Entry
- Return Bus Transfer Between Fiumicino Airport and Rome
- Colosseum, Roman Forum, Palatine Hill Priority Tickets
- Fiumicino Airport: Shuttle Bus to/from Vatican City
- Borghese Gallery Entrance Ticket …
- Vatican & Rome City Pass with Free Transportation
- Crypts & Catacombs Tour with Bone Chapel Visit
- Hop-on, Hop-off Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Roma Pass: 48 or 72-Hour City Card
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Street Food Tour with Local Guide
- Tower of London and Crown Jewels Exhibition Ticket
- Churchill War Rooms Tour
- St Paul’s Cathedral: Fast-Track Entrance
- Guided Wembley Stadium Tour
- Coca-Cola London Eye
- Chelsea Football Club Stadium and Museum: 1-Hour Tour
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour and Transfer from London
- Emirates Stadium Tour
- Windsor Castle Admission Ticket
- Jack the Ripper Walking Tour
- The London Jack the Ripper Walk
- 50-Minute River Thames Speedboat Ride
- 50-Minute River Thames Speedboat RIB Tour
- Harry Potter: Warner Brothers Studio Tour and Transfers
- Magical London: Harry Potter Guided Walking Tour
- From London: Full-Day Windsor, Stonehenge & Oxford Tour
- Burj Khalifa Tickets: Level 124 & 125
- Dubai Aquarium & Level 124 Burj Khalifa Combo Tickets
- Desert Safari Red Dune: BBQ, Camel Ride & Sandboarding
- Speedboat Tour: Marina, Atlantis, Palm & Burj Al Arab
- 1.5-Hour Speedboat Tour Marina, Atlantis, Burj Al Arab
- Morning Safari with Quad Bikes, Sandboarding & Camel Ride
- Dubai Burj Khalifa Tickets & Tour: Level 124, 125 and 148
- Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Mosque Half-Day Tour from Dubai
- Hop-On Hop-Off Classic, Premium or Deluxe Bus Ticket
- Atlantis Aquaventure & Lost Chambers Aquarium Ticket
- Dubai Marina: Luxury Yacht Tour with Breakfast or BBQ
- Dubai Helicopter Flight from The Palm to The Burj Khalifa
- Fountain Show and Burj Lake Ride by Traditional Boat
- Deira Creek 5-Star Buffet Dinner Dhow Cruise
- La Perle by Dragone: Dubai’s Most Spectacular Show
- Dubai: Shallow Water Dolphin Encounter at Atlantis
- Dubai Explorer Pass: Save up to 47% on Top Attractions
- From Dubai: Grand Mosque & Louvre Museum Abu Dhabi Tour
- Skip-the-Line Access to Gemäldegalerie Art Museum
- TV Tower Fast View & Inner Circle Restaurant Ticket
- Natural History Museum Entrance Ticket
- Berlin Museum Island: All Exhibitions Day-Ticket
- 2 for 1 Ticket to Madame Tussauds Berlin
- Skip the Line: Pergamon Museum & Asisi Panorama Tickets
- Christmas Garden in the Botanical Gardens
- Reichstag with Plenary Chamber & Cupola in German
- Walking Tour in German: Gov. District & Reichstag with Dome
- Berlin Tempelhof Airport: The Legend of Tempelhof
- From Berlin: Sachsenhausen Memorial Walking Tour
- Berlin TV Tower: Fast View & Window Seat Restaurant Ticket
- Discover Berlin Walking Tour
- Skip the Line: Entry to Alte Nationalgalerie Berlin
- Berlin: 2-Hour Premium Segway Tour
- Berlin: Madame Tussauds Admission Ticket
- Tour in German: Reichstag Dome & Government District
- Combo-Ticket: Berlin Dungeon & Madame Tussauds Berlin
- Rijksmuseum: Skip-the-Ticket-Line Entry and Booking Fee
- Johan Cruijff ArenA Stadium 75-Minute Tour
- Van Gogh Museum Ticket & Canal Cruise
- Moco Museum Entry Ticket and 1-Hour Canal Cruise
- Rembrandt House Museum Entrance Ticket
- 3-Hour Guided Bike Tour of Historical Amsterdam
- Amsterdam: Culture & History Walking Tour in German
- Van Gogh Museum Ticket
- Amsterdam Stedelijk Museum Skip-the-Line Ticket
- 1.5-Hour Evening Canal Cruise
- Canal Cruise with a Native German Guide
- Moco Museum: Skip-the-Line Tickets with Banksy and More
- Amsterdam 75-Minute Open Boat Canal Cruise
- Skip the Line Ticket & Audio Guide: Amsterdam Royal Palace
- From Amsterdam: Fast-Track Keukenhof Ticket and Transfer
The target audience
Most tourists plan their travel activities more than a week in advance, while many book their activities during a trip, sometimes spontaneously. Your audience is typically a couple or, less often, a company or a group of three. More often women make the reservations.
Tools, tips, and best practices
One of the main affiliate tools is affiliate links. There are several ways to add GetYourGuide affiliate links to your content.
1. Identify your most effective posts
Most travel bloggers owe the majority of their traffic to a few top posts. Identify these posts, and then find GetYourGuide tours and activities that are relevant to that content and add links to your posts.
2. Add links naturally
Links to GetYourGuide tours and events are meaningless and ineffective if they are placed out of context. For example, a review of a trip or event attracts readers and creates a sense of trust. If you cannot write your own personal review of a GetYourGuide experience, recommend which tour or activity you would choose if given the opportunity.
For example, if you write about the main things to do in Paris and state that one of your favorite places is Montmartre, you can add a link to excursions in that area.
3. Find pain points and suggest solutions
For many travelers, visiting the main attractions in any given city is very important. Unfortunately, these popular places are usually not widely accessible, because there are huge lines and long waits to visit them. As a result, travelers lose hours of their time waiting to buying tickets.
By describing these difficult moments, you are demonstrating that you know the place you are writing about. To establish additional trust, solve your readers’ problems by offering them a way to obtain tickets without waiting in a queue by ordering them in advance using GetYourGuide.
Here’s how to offer a solution to a common travel problem:
The Colosseum is one of the most visited attractions in the world, and no trip to Rome will be complete without a visit. The line outside the Coliseum is very long, no matter when you arrive. Professional advice: book in advance to get tickets without waiting in line or wasting time. It’s better to use the time saved to eat some famous Italian ice cream.
GetYourGuide offers solutions to the problems most travelers face on vacation. The service calls these solutions “unique points of sale”. These include:
- Easy order cancellation
- Electronic vouchers for offline use
- A wide selection of tours and activities for every type of traveler
- Availability of activities, even at the last minute
By speaking honestly about the potential disadvantages of visiting a popular tourist destination, you can emphasize the benefits that GetYourGuide offers. Use unique selling points to push the reader to click on the links to learn more.
4. Building trust
By adding information about GetYourGuide to your texts, you establish trust between yourself and your readers while reducing the distance between you. This trust is maintained when they click on your link and are taken to the GetYourGuide page. As a result, readers are more likely to come to your site, which will lead to more bookings.
Here is an example of how to build further trust:
The best way to explore Barcelona is to listen to your stomach. The capital of Catalonia is full of delicious local dishes that are just waiting to be found (and eaten!). One of the best ways to do this is to go on a gastronomic tour with the locals. You can find a list of gastronomic tours (including prices and reviews) on GetYourGuide. I use this site when I want to discover something new in my favorite places on the planet. GetYourGuide is easy to use, it’s easy to book there, and while traveling I visited the best places using it.
5. Do not ignore comments
If your readers leave questions in the comments, be sure to respond. If there are places where you can insert an affiliate link in your answer, paste one in. Interacting with your readers in the comments is an important way to build mutual understanding and trust.
6. Use calls to action
A call to action is a word, phrase, or sentence that accurately tells your readers what you want them to do next. This tactic is especially useful when it comes to encouraging readers to follow affiliate links at GetYourGuide.
Here are some examples of how to include calls to action in your posts:
- “Discover the best gastronomic tours in Paris [here].”
- “See [this page] for more details about Prague travel.”
- “Go [here] to see the best of my favorite excursions.”
By making it easier for your readers to understand where you are sending them, you create clear directions and set a low barrier to entry. This prompts action.
7. Make links visible
Do not make it difficult for readers to find your links. Use bolded or different colored text to highlight keywords with links. The more visible the links, the easier it will be for readers to click on them.
8. Don’t go too far
Do not get carried away by adding too many links to your posts. However tempting it is to add as many links as you can, think about the value it brings. Instead of overwhelming the reader, choose tours and events that match your content and will be of interest to your audience. Remember: give the reader a reason to become interested in the link by describing the product you are promoting before each link.
Join the GetYourGuide affiliate program through your Travelpayouts account.