What is link building
Users need links to navigate between online resources, and search engines use them to crawl the web. Link building is a strategy that aims to place links on other websites to increase your blog exposure, traffic and monetization.
The more links you have, the higher Google assesses your blog’s value. So, if you want to start a travel blog, think about your link building strategy in advance.
Why links are so crucial for SEO? You can create top-notch content on a certain webpage but it might be useless until a large number of links will refer to it from the external reputable websites.
What are the “bricks” of the link building? Basically, you need to find relevant authoritative websites in your niche and then approach them with an offer to link back to your blog.
Best link building companies
When you manually reach out to influencers, it takes a lot of time, and sometimes your offer might be rejected. To save effort, consider using quality link building services. Such companies already have a database of bloggers who’d agree to place a backlink to your website and won’t be considered suspicious by search engines. Below, you’ll find the best ways to get backlinks for a blog.
Blogger outreach services allow you to find bloggers who’d create killer promotional content (posts, reviews, giveaways, case studies, etc.) in exchange for your product or any other profit. This is a great and cheap way of link building for your blog.
- LinkMarket offers spam-free link building and provides you with link requests (up to 10 requests per month) and edited link anchor text, all for free. To expand your opportunities, purchase a paid subscription.
- FatJoe features content creators and helps find the relevant websites to publish articles. Just provide it with your anchor text and the target URL placements. The pricing is in the range of £35–£360 per project. FatJoe provides a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the results.
- Outreach Monks is another versatile platform. You can order content and appropriate backlink placements with requirements to Domain Rating, Trust Flow and link history. You’ll be provided with White Label reports to see the results and/or share them with clients. Such blogger outreach will cost you from $59 up to $319 per project.
- From The Future is a digital agency that implements blogger outreach to increase organic keyword rankings. The service focuses on social media influencers and building brand awareness. Sign up on the platform to see your pricing options.
Many quality link building services are able to create valuable, accurate and up-to-date posts that are based on deep research, directed to your target audience and involve visuals (images, graphs, videos, etc.).
- Linkgraph doesn’t write content, but also optimizes your website copy, and adds long-reads to e-commerce resources with product descriptions. It provides regular blog posts for your target audience in order to ensure fresh content. The platform offers to analyze your backlink profile for free, but full service will cost from $899 up to $10,000.
- ContentHarmony creates and promotes interactive content through PR, outreach and paid social channels. The platform features its own content marketing software and programs. It develops and implements integrated strategies and works on a turnkey basis, meaning that no service is available standalone. It will cost you $2,000 per month. It’s possible to download a free guide on how to build a content marketing strategy.
- SiegeMedia is a software vendor that writes articles and builds a link profile through personal outreach and professional PR. The platform focuses on ROI and reports on the revenue you gained from content marketing in comparison to investments. Sign up on the platform to see your pricing options.
- Linkology creates texts in the range of 500–5,000 words that are written by native English speakers. It allows you to either build a custom plan or buy the developed link-building package.
Analysis and reporting
To take link building to the next level, it’s crucial to measure and analyze your campaign. Such information helps figure out which links are performing better and which ones are useless in order to optimize the strategy.
- ScrapeBox is a web crawling software for desktops designed for both SEO companies and individuals. It does competitor research, scans tons of web pages to analyze your existing backlinks and anchor texts. You can also find non-indexed and banned content on your website. You should pay $67 to acquire this software.
- SEOBook displays plenty of free and paid SEO tools for both professionals and starting bloggers. There, you can find the means of getting link data from many web resources and comparing websites in a handy way. You’ll be able to find the most valuable directories, make deep link research, and reveal broken links and crawling errors. The platform features a free seven-day trial that includes tips on link building.
- SEO cost calculator helps evaluate your investments in SEO in general and in link building, in particular, to let you plan your budget wisely. You’ll learn how many links you’ll need to have to take over the niche.
Some web resources that have links back to your website might stop working. In this case, your links become broken. You should remove them from the internet to avoid a decline in the value of your content.
- Xenu Link Sleuth is a free downloadable software allowing you to check links and get a permanently updated list of URLs with the opportunity to get a report on your schedule. You can check either URLs or saved HTML pages. The program delivers clear reports on the status of every backlink to your blog.
- W3C Validator link checker is the best free tool for instant page validation via a dynamic bookmark. It’s able to reveal issues in your links, anchors, web pages and CSS. No need to download the program as it’s available online.
- Netpeak Spider is a paid platform that finds broken links as well as checks your blog SEO optimization. The service offers a 14-day free trial and a paid version for $19/month.
Find sources and quotes
Sometimes, you might need to strengthen your opinion with relevant quotes from experts or link back to other authoritative domains in your niche.
- HARO (Help A Reporter Out) supplies writers and journalists with quotes from professionals. If you managed to become a source of their report or any other paperwork, you acquire a backlink to your blog. Sign up on the service for free, get three newsletters with queries every day, and give expert answers.
- ResponseSource lists journalists with experience relevant to your blog. As you pay only for requests within your industry, the prices depend on the niche and start from £600 per category, on average.
- PRLeads is another dedicated software, receiving requests from many reputable editions such as the New York Times and Forbes.
How can you identify tons of unnatural links that impede further website promotion? Some dedicated services can help audit your blog backlinks.
- Ahrefs backlink checker will check 100 backlinks to your blog for free. You’ll be able to see the latest backlinks. Such opportunities help to objectively assess the backlink profile quality so you can adjust the marketing strategy accordingly.
- Buzzstream is a multifunctional tool offering link building services. It finds junk links and monitors websites in your database to define whether they are linked to you. The list updates every two weeks. The platform also reveals broken links. Buzzstream offers a free trial and rather flexible paid plans from $24/month up to $999/month.
- СognitiveSEO runs a comprehensive link audit, reveals junk links and detects factors that might get your website banned or penalized on Google. It analyzes your link profile on a scale from 0 to 2,000 and allows browsing through all the links. CognitiveSEO offers a seven-day trial and two paid plans.
PR and marketing
This strategy expands your reach when delivering stories to the media resources to build your brand awareness and recognition.
- ScreamingFrog features PR consultants that have close connections with the most influential publishers. It is a versatile platform with free access to many tools except for PR and marketing, which are available only within a paid plan for £149.00 per year.
- Reputio’s link building services include selecting websites, writing content and getting it published. The company will provide you with a list of 300 websites to choose from for where you want to be featured.
SEO agencies provide an all-in-one solution for your blog promotion. It is a great option if you need to work in many directions. You’ll save money by purchasing access to different SEO tools at once through such agencies. For example, if you want to start a travel blog and reach a wide audience, consider resorting to such an agency to cover all aspects of SEO.
- SureOak offers a free check of your SEO score and individual consultation with an SEO-specialist. Also, you can access HTTP Header Checker for free to protect your website from broken links. When building a link profile, the company draws on Domain authority, page authority, real traffic and Trust Flow. The agency’s service will cost you $100 – $149/hour or $1,000+ per project.
- StellarSEO focuses on long-term link growth strategies and outreach services. The agency works with bloggers, small businesses and enterprises. It has no fixed pricing as the details of dealing are pointed out individually in each agreement. The average check is $50 –$99 /hour or $5,000+ per project.
- HigherVisibility uses third-party tools to reveal high-quality link prospects and outreaches to webmasters, bloggers and journalists. Plans feature different quantities of backlinks for a blog from several hundred and a few thousand dollars.
Which link building service should you choose
If you’re an aspiring blogger and lack the budget, consider using free tools to get your project off the ground. Such software usually targets one problem and offers a limited solution. On the other hand, paid programs might come in handy if you want to access advanced features to save time and work on many aspects of your link profile.
If you’re deciding to contact the agency or use the online platform, make sure they don’t pay for links from the websites with poor authority. Pay attention to the services with a money-back guarantee and escape platforms that promise to lead your website to the top in one day.