6 best alternatives for Google Keyword Planner
August 16, 2019Comments (1)
Correct keywords placement plays a vital role in any content management strategy. High-quality content with applied keywords drives most of the traffic to your website making their importance undeniable. Google Keyword Planner is often criticized for being more of an instrument for advertisers rather than for SEO. In this post, we’ve carefully picked up six alternative keyword spy tools and shared the options they provide to make your posts rank well in search engines.
Table of Contents
Ubersuggest is a completely free Google Keyword Planner alternative. It’s so simple in use because you don’t need to download or install anything. Just type a domain name or keyword in any language you are interested in and you will get the results. See the full keyword analysis here:
- Domain overview. You can take a look at your opponents’ strategies and add some tips to your arsenal.
- Top SEO pages report. You will be able to understand which competitor’s pages rank for which words and phrases. Moreover, you will see which keywords are more favored by different social networks.
- Keyword suggestions. You will be offered many words and phrase suggestions that you can add to your blog post. The statistics also display competition and trends
- Content ideas. This is just like a live assistant advising you on a better type of content to write about. It knows what people want to read.
- Backlink data. A backlink is a link from a website that leads to your source. With this feature, you will be able to track what data on your site people usually link to. As a result, you know which links have the biggest impact on your rankings.
Ubersuggest offers a wide variety of languages and domains to search in. It gives the full analysis of your keywords and can even create content ideas for you.
SEO book is the oldest aggregator of marketing knowledge. It offers many tips on business development, keyword analysis and many more.
To begin with, you can set up a new account. It’s free of charge. Upon registration, you can go to the SEO tools tab and find the keyword tool. It allows for English language only.
As it’s clear from the picture above, the SEO book keyword tool provides stats for two countries only – the US and UK.
- US monthly and daily searches
- Google, Bing and Yahoo! stats
- CPC or an estimated keyword bid price for the associated keyword if you were to buy traffic on this term on Google
- Monthly value. Generates a relative traffic value by the monthly search volume
- UK monthly and daily searches
- UK CPC
- UK monthly value
You can research keywords freely but it needs to be mentioned that the paid version, unfortunately, is currently unavailable to new members, so it’s hard to guess what other functions we would be offered.
It’s quite minimalistic and simple to use, gives the necessary information.
Website data is out-of-date so the search can be good only for popular words and collocations. It works only with two countries in the English language precisely. Also, there is a little inconvenience caused by the need to sign up with an email.
WordStream is another Google keyword tool alternative. It allows you to choose an industry and one of the dozens of countries.
You can get a free trial of an advanced feature called “WordStream Advisor” which enables you to see such stats as a competition score, CPC and an opportunity score.
The WordStream Advisor pricing depends on the monthly budget you are eager to spend on advertising. You can buy a subscription for three months, 12 months paid monthly or an annual pre-pay.
It’s quite convenient to use with good search settings.
A free version shows the Google search volume stats only. To see other metrics, you have to get a subscription that may turn out to be costly for someone.
Serpstat is an all-in-one SEO platform that allows for searching through many languages.
All the necessary metrics are at arm’s length:
- Search volume
- Competition score
- Keyword difficulty
- The graph of keywords trends
- Competitors graph
- And many more
You may also be interested in reading this blog to stay updated. If you want to expand your marketing influence even further, you should take a look at the paid plans Serpstat provides. There, you will find the detailed descriptions of the services being offered.
A great number of settings are available for free. There is a comfortable search bar where you can choose any domain and type in a word in any language supported. Serpstat gives you a choice whether to go with a free version or purchase a plan according to your needs.
- Not suitable for small projects.
Similar to Serpstat mentioned above, Semrush is an all-sufficient SEO platform, providing everything from an organic and advertising research to traffic analytics. Keyword research is one of the Semrush tools. It uses a huge database from many countries allowing for a search in many languages.
To broaden your chances for good SEO campaigns, you are suggested to take a glance at different plans to purchase.
Semrush utilizes huge databases in many domains and languages. A keyword research tool has got a comfortable interface with many metrics displayed. Advanced services are optional by subscription.
- High price;
- Adding additional users is costly.
Ahrefs states to be the most complete keyword analysis tool on the market. Ahrefs has:
- Seven billion keywords database, updated every month
- Data for 171 countries
- Data for various search engines like Google, YouTube, Amazon and more
- Keyword difficulty score, meaning how hard it will be to rank
- Click metric. Illustrates the estimated number of click for your keywords
- Ranking history stats
- And many more advanced metrics
Unfortunately, Ahrefs does not supply any free version. They give you a seven- day trial for $7. After, you can choose one of the two paid plans for yourself – Light for $99/mo or Standard for $179/mo.
Here is the Ahrefs Blog describing different SEO and marketing issues.
- It’s got a huge, constantly updated database for many search engines and languages.
- 171 countries supported.
- It offers a wide range of advanced metrics to calculate your estimated progress and perspectives.
- No free trial available.
Best Google keyword planner alternatives in 2019
Choose the best tool from the 6 main Google Keyword Planner alternatives. You can combine several tools together to get the best result. However, if you plan to place the ads in Google Ads or promote in Google, then do not neglect the Google Keyword Planner tool – in 2019, it’s still one of the best ways to work with keywords.
Have you tried one of these keyword spy tools yet? Let us know in the comment section!