What you need to know about Airhelp
AirHelp is the world’s largest organization specializing in air passenger rights, both educating travelers and helping them get compensation for delayed or canceled flights. All travelers need to do is submit their flight details and, if they are eligible, AirHelp will handle the claim process on their behalf for a fixed fee that frequently corresponds to around 25% of their claim (or 50% if legal proceedings are required). If AirHelp can’t get them compensation, they don’t pay a fee! To find out more about how AirHelp protects air passenger rights, click here.
Benefits for you as a partner
- Attractive global commission: An average CPA of €23, depending on the country in which the claim was made.
- Get paid before AirHelp does: You receive a monthly payout that includes each claim that AirHelp accepts once the passenger’s required documents are received. You don’t have to wait for the claim to be won!
- 45 days cookie tracking: Does your audience need a bit more time to decide whether to submit a claim or not? AirHelp’s tracking has got you covered!
- Added-value to your site: With AirHelp’s no win, no fee policy, you get to recommend a valuable yet risk-free product.
Work with the global leader
AirHelp is the world leader in flight delay compensation. Here is why:
- Fastest claim check in the industry thanks to AI lawyers assisting human claim agents.
- Legal teams in over 35 countries and service assistance in 16 languages.
- Owner of one of the most extensive flight-stat databases in the world.
How you get paid
You will earn a commission on accepted claims that have been screened by AirHelp’s claim handling team. This is how it works:
- Step 1. Your visitor submits a claim
- Step 2. The claim is automatically screened for eligibility
- Step 3. A claim agent confirms claim documents and accepts the claim
- Step 4. Your commission is approved
Under the European Legislation called EC 261, AirHelp can support these types of claims:
Flight disruptions: Delays of more than three hours, cancellations or denied boardings that have occurred in the last three years may all be eligible.
- On a flight from outside of the EU to within the EU on an EU airline
- Intra-EU flights
- A flight departing from the EU to outside the EU with all airlines
How much compensation per passenger:
- Under 1,500 km: €250
- Between 1,500 km and 3,500 km: €400
- Over 3,500 km: €600
Starting in summer 2019, AirHelp can also help protect passengers under Brazilian passenger rights regulations! Read more here.
Best practices for promoting Airhelp
Do you have an audience that loves to fly? Unfortunately, those flights don’t always go according to plan. Tell your audience what AirHelp does and how easy it is to have AirHelp fight for their air passenger rights.
Finding your audience
Educate them: 87% of travelers don’t know their air passenger rights. Including vital information like the fact that they can get compensation for flight disruptions that occurred up to three years ago. That means you can reach a huge market!
Provide information at the right time: 62% of AirHelp’s customers submitted their claim within a month of their flight delay, so knowing when your audience typically travels will pay off – think summer holidays, festive seasons, etc.
Creating content that converts
Walk people through the claiming process. Have you had a claim with AirHelp? It’s super easy to make one. Take your readers through the eligibility checker on the AirHelp website and show them just how easy it is to claim up to €600 in compensation.
Are you a member of social media travel groups? Share your experience of claiming with AirHelp on social media and encourage travelers to follow in your footsteps.
Focus on real-time travel
Do you know which airline is about to go on strike? Chances are a lot of travelers only find out at the airport after their flight gets canceled. Create informative pages ahead of time, that relate to particular flights or airlines – they are sure to come in handy when they are most needed.
Show them AirHelp’s language skills! Not only can AirHelp assist travelers all over the world, but they also have lawyers in over 35 countries, and can provide help in 16 different languages.
Educate your audience on the flight compensation industry. There may be other companies out there that can help your audience, but the number of passengers AirHelp has helped speaks for itself. Showcase that AirHelp is the leading compensation company!
Be part of AirHelp’s affiliate program now and start making money by helping air passengers get what they deserve!
AirHelp is looking forward to working with you!
Disclaimer: The above screenshots are real examples from current affiliates driving sales to our offer.